Thursday, March 31, 2011

stairs



I've been doing a bit of research on internal stairs and in the process have come across some fabulous interiors. Great area of the home to add a bit of confined colour with carpet runners like above



Convenient little compact powder room

I very much like how nice and open this is above




Love a reading nook under the stairs.



This one makes me think of winter time - up in the mountains somehwere with a log fire roaring ....
This pattern on the spiral staircase is gorgeous.
And a couple of outdoors below...



Wrought iron is so pretty in every colour

P.S cane lounge was sold for just under $900. To who - anyone know? I'd love to see it in all its glory once it's showered with affection. It will be nothing less than spectacular.

4 comments:

  1. My favourite are the staircases that incorporate a bookshelf; be it below or behind them. My gripe with staircases is that they often waste space, so the bookshelves appeal to me. I like the look of no banister, but would never do it with kids. (The sacrifices I make!).
    Too bad re: the cane lounge. It was stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lovely floating staircase in our home but I've learnt something interesting. Whatever sits beneath it becomes covered in the dust and dirt that's shed as people walk up the stairs [I haven't managed to enforce a 'no shoes' policy in our home....yet!].

    Like Sonia before me I love the idea of the bookshelves and the reading nook. The washroom beneath the stairs is also brilliant.

    Thank you for sharing today!

    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, I like the turquoise one. It's classy and it's very Mediterranean. Other types look gorgeous as well; it's actually your decision on what you want for your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the floating stairs. I actually wanted to have one without having it look very tacky. But the stairs in these site are all beautiful and fully functional.

    ReplyDelete