Flamingos are such pretty creatures. What do you think of these two? They're porcelain and in mint condition.
And they're big. My good friend C was over friday night and arranged them in the bathroom. I love that they're close to water. I brought in some Palm frongs to enhance their little habitat.
Here's a few googled facts about Flamingos if you're interested ...
- Flamingos live an average of 20 to 30 years.
- Males and females look alike
- They rest by standing on one leg. The “knee” of the flamingo is actually an ankle joint and the lower leg bends forward.
- Nests are built up by mouthfuls of mud!
- Grown flamingos have few natural predators
- Their pink or reddish color comes from the algae, diatoms, and small crustaceans the birds eat
- During the day flamingos preen using their bills and spreading oil from a gland near the base of their tail through their feathers. They spend 15 to 30% of the day preening
I worry that our house is turning into a giant wot-not stand. You know, those things our parents had in the corner of a room with ornaments all over it, budgies, little horses, floral things. Maybe it's time for an edit?